Cookie Dunker - There's a Pat (Application) For That!
Tired of cookies falling to the bottom of your cup while dunking them in milk? There’s a patent (application) for that!
As a kid growing up perhaps you too were a victim of crumbling cookies and milk soaked fingers. As an avid cookie dunker, I constantly had to fetch out cookie pieces from my glass of milk after the cookie absorbed too much milk and disintegrated into a million pieces. But, take heart young children, there’s a pat (application) for that! No longer will cookies be lost into an abyss of milk, never to be seen again.
David Kowlessar has invented a device that keeps your fingers out of the milk and protects the cookie from falling to the bottom of your cup. For good measure, the invention even includes a straw for an all-in-one enjoyable cookie dunking experience.
Fig. 1 of US pre-grant publication 2009/0133586 A1 shows a cookie cover (160) which secures the cookie (C) inside the dipping apparatus (100), with a straw (S) protruding through the dipping apparatus (100) all the way to the bottom of the cup.
I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Kowlessar and his son a few years ago in Washington, DC. He, like many small inventors, was very hopeful that a patent would be granted for his invention. A look at the image file wrapper shows no action has been taken on this application yet, but for the sake of children and their cookies around the world, we here at Noro IP wish him the best of luck!
Do you have a unique invention with a pregrant publication and want it featured in a future "There's a Pat for That!" section of our blog? Send an email to PatentSpecialist@NoroIP.com and a Noro IP staff writer will contact you.
June 2, 2011
You will be asked to log in before the comment is saved.
About Noro IP Blog
Do you know of a unique invention, celebrity patent, or IP news that should be featured in our blog? Send an email to PatentSpecialist@NoroIP.com with your idea.
Disclaimer: No information on this blog is intended as legal advice or to substitute for legal advice and is offered for informational purposes only.
- ► August (4)
- ► July (4)
- ► June (3)
- ► May (4)
- ► April (2)
- ► March (4)
- ► October (1)
- ► September (2)
- ► July (1)
- ► June (5)
- ► May (1)
- ► April (3)
- ► March (4)
- Important Patent Search and Patent Application Terms
- Got an Ohio Patent? Win an Award!
- Sarah Palin Denied Trademark over Technicalities in Application
- What's the Difference Between a Patent Lawyer and Patent Agent?
- Win $10 to Starbucks! Add a Blog Comment Feb-March
- Noro IP Nominated for Best New Internship Category
- ► January (2)
- Win $10 to Starbucks! January Comment Contest
- Celebrity Patents: Walt Disney – Disney World Takes a 360° Turn
- Santa Claus Visit Kit Patent US 7,258,592
- WIN $10 TO STARBUCKS! Holiday Blog Contest
- Apple Attacked by Technology Opponents
- Top 10 US Patent Application Leaders - Dec. 6, 2010
- Noro IP Featured in Cleveland Business Connections Magazine
- ► November (3)
- ► October (5)
- ► September (1)
- ► July (2)
- ► June (1)
- ► December (7)
- ► November (1)
- Tavern on the Green Trademark Lawsuit in New York
- USPTO Rescinds Rules Regarding the Patent Regulations Package
- Crazy Inventions: Pedal Operated Mower (US Patent 4,455,816)
- Google’s Logo a Dedication to the Barcode (Patent 2,612,994)
- How to Conduct a Patent Search
- All Atwitter About Twitter (Twitter v. TechRadium)
- Celebrity Patents: Michael Jackson Anti-Gravity Lean Shoes (US Patent 5,255,452)
- ► August (3)