Articles posted in 'Patent Basics'
August 24, 2012
A patent valuation is an important step for both venture capitilist and inventors. It could help with the investing, funding, and creation decisions.
August 22, 2012
Patent searches should be completed for many different reasons, but where do you go for the most accurate information?
August 1, 2012
There are no guarantees in life and conducting a complete patentability search is no different. You could choose to hire a patent firm to help you conduct a patentability search regarding a new invention or technology, to have them do a thorough search through all the patent databases and literature, but that is still not a promise that your invention is the only type of product available in the whole world. When a company or individual decides to get a patent for their invention or technology, they are gaining protection against similar products from coming out into the marketplace as competition.
July 6, 2012
The main reason to learn how to get a patent granted is to protect yourself and your invention, but what happens during an infringement lawsuit and how can hiring a patent firm help?
June 5, 2012
Conducting a thorough patent search is one of the most important services to do before investing your time and money into a new invention, whether it’s a product or technology. There are many different things you want to look for in your patent search and several different places where you need to be looking. You can choose to hire a patent firm to perform the service for you, or you can do a patent search on your own.
May 24, 2012
Hiring a patent firm could help you with learning how to file a patent, trademark, or copyright on business designs, technology, and sometimes even an idea. The point of hiring a patent firm in the beginning is to protect yourself, your company, and/or your invention. Most patent services are meant to establish rights for a certain idea, invention, or technology to an individual or company.
April 6, 2012
As an inventor, it is important to know how to file a patent correctly or to go through a patent firm for help. Every inventor should have a patent on file at the United States Patent and Trademark Office if they want their product or technology under patent protection.
March 28, 2012
Doing a thorough freedom to operate search could help you with your invention even if there is already a patent for the same or similar product. Freedom to operate, or right to use, means a technology may not be under complete protection and some, or all, of the technology may be used by others without infringing upon a patent.
March 9, 2012
Check out these great tips on how to file a patent!
September 30, 2011
What is a patent? Read on to find out!
About Noro IP Blog
Do you know of a unique invention, celebrity patent, or IP news that should be featured in our blog? Send an email to PatentSpecialist@NoroIP.com with your idea.
Disclaimer: No information on this blog is intended as legal advice or to substitute for legal advice and is offered for informational purposes only.
- ► August (4)
- ► July (4)
- ► June (3)
- ► May (4)
- ► April (2)
- ► March (4)
- ► October (1)
- ► September (2)
- ► July (1)
- ► June (5)
- ► May (1)
- ► April (3)
- ► March (4)
- Important Patent Search and Patent Application Terms
- Got an Ohio Patent? Win an Award!
- Sarah Palin Denied Trademark over Technicalities in Application
- What's the Difference Between a Patent Lawyer and Patent Agent?
- Win $10 to Starbucks! Add a Blog Comment Feb-March
- Noro IP Nominated for Best New Internship Category
- ► January (2)
- Win $10 to Starbucks! January Comment Contest
- Celebrity Patents: Walt Disney – Disney World Takes a 360° Turn
- Santa Claus Visit Kit Patent US 7,258,592
- WIN $10 TO STARBUCKS! Holiday Blog Contest
- Apple Attacked by Technology Opponents
- Top 10 US Patent Application Leaders - Dec. 6, 2010
- Noro IP Featured in Cleveland Business Connections Magazine
- ► November (3)
- ► October (5)
- ► September (1)
- ► July (2)
- ► June (1)
- ► December (7)
- ► November (1)
- Tavern on the Green Trademark Lawsuit in New York
- USPTO Rescinds Rules Regarding the Patent Regulations Package
- Crazy Inventions: Pedal Operated Mower (US Patent 4,455,816)
- Google’s Logo a Dedication to the Barcode (Patent 2,612,994)
- How to Conduct a Patent Search
- All Atwitter About Twitter (Twitter v. TechRadium)
- Celebrity Patents: Michael Jackson Anti-Gravity Lean Shoes (US Patent 5,255,452)
- ► August (3)