Nike Will Patent 'Back to the Future' Technology
By Libby Jones, Staff Writer
Get ready to jet Back To the Future... yet again!
It’s been twenty-one years since the second movie captured our hearts, and while most of the cool gadgets in the movie seem pretty insignificant to us now, there is one item in particular that has yet to be invented. Remember those self-lacing sneakers? So convenient!
If you don’t remember the shoes, here’s the scene from Back To the Future Part II that had everybody coveting these Nikes:
The automatic lacing system provides a set of straps that can be automatically opened and closed to switch between a loosened and tightened position.
Unfortunately, you’ll have to wait about 4 more years, if you’re in need of a pair of these Nike sneakers. The company has estimated that the shoes will hit the market in 2015, giving them enough time to develop the product and go through the entire patent application process which could include checking on Infringement issues with any existing patents that have similar features. In the meantime, we can get back to watching our favorite 80’s movies, drooling over those self-lacing chucks, and dreaming of a future when no one will have to tie their shoes.
October 11, 2010
You will be asked to log in before the comment is saved.
About Noro IP Blog
Do you know of a unique invention, celebrity patent, or IP news that should be featured in our blog? Send an email to PatentSpecialist@NoroIP.com with your idea.
Disclaimer: No information on this blog is intended as legal advice or to substitute for legal advice and is offered for informational purposes only.
- ► 2014 (1)
- ► 2013 (1)
- ► August (4)
- ► July (4)
- ► June (3)
- ► May (4)
- ► April (2)
- ► March (4)
- ► October (1)
- ► September (2)
- ► July (1)
- ► June (5)
- ► May (1)
- ► April (3)
- ► March (4)
- Important Patent Search and Patent Application Terms
- Got an Ohio Patent? Win an Award!
- Sarah Palin Denied Trademark over Technicalities in Application
- What's the Difference Between a Patent Lawyer and Patent Agent?
- Win $10 to Starbucks! Add a Blog Comment Feb-March
- Noro IP Nominated for Best New Internship Category
- ► January (2)
- Win $10 to Starbucks! January Comment Contest
- Celebrity Patents: Walt Disney – Disney World Takes a 360° Turn
- Santa Claus Visit Kit Patent US 7,258,592
- WIN $10 TO STARBUCKS! Holiday Blog Contest
- Apple Attacked by Technology Opponents
- Top 10 US Patent Application Leaders - Dec. 6, 2010
- Noro IP Featured in Cleveland Business Connections Magazine
- ► November (3)
- ► October (5)
- ► September (1)
- ► July (2)
- ► June (1)
- ► December (7)
- ► November (1)
- Tavern on the Green Trademark Lawsuit in New York
- USPTO Rescinds Rules Regarding the Patent Regulations Package
- Crazy Inventions: Pedal Operated Mower (US Patent 4,455,816)
- Google’s Logo a Dedication to the Barcode (Patent 2,612,994)
- How to Conduct a Patent Search
- All Atwitter About Twitter (Twitter v. TechRadium)
- Celebrity Patents: Michael Jackson Anti-Gravity Lean Shoes (US Patent 5,255,452)
- ► August (3)