Tavern on the Green Trademark Lawsuit in New York
Tavern on The Green Restaurant
The City of New York is trying to stop the Leroy family, which currently owns the name “Tavern on the Green,” from continuing its business or opening or operating other establishments with the trademarked name.
The issue stems from a bankruptcy protection filing by the restaurant owners in September, which itself resulted from the city granting a new lease to the property to another company.
The city claims it began licensing the restaurant under the name in 1934. It also says the current operator trademarked the name without receiving permission from the city in 1976.
There are two active trademarks to “Tavern on the Green”:
Serial Number 73182614 (Reg. Number 1154270) which was registered on May 12, 1981, to Tavern on the Green Composed of Leroy Adventures, inc. and Hardwicke’s Tavern Limited.
Serial Number 77153794 (Reg. Number 3494658) which was registered on September 2, 2008, to Tavern on the Green Limited Partnership Leroy Adventures Inc. and resulted from a change in registration.
October 30, 2009
You will be asked to log in before the comment is saved.
About Noro IP Blog
Do you know of a unique invention, celebrity patent, or IP news that should be featured in our blog? Send an email to PatentSpecialist@NoroIP.com with your idea.
Disclaimer: No information on this blog is intended as legal advice or to substitute for legal advice and is offered for informational purposes only.
- ► August (4)
- ► July (4)
- ► June (3)
- ► May (4)
- ► April (2)
- ► March (4)
- ► October (1)
- ► September (2)
- ► July (1)
- ► June (5)
- ► May (1)
- ► April (3)
- ► March (4)
- Important Patent Search and Patent Application Terms
- Got an Ohio Patent? Win an Award!
- Sarah Palin Denied Trademark over Technicalities in Application
- What's the Difference Between a Patent Lawyer and Patent Agent?
- Win $10 to Starbucks! Add a Blog Comment Feb-March
- Noro IP Nominated for Best New Internship Category
- ► January (2)
- Win $10 to Starbucks! January Comment Contest
- Celebrity Patents: Walt Disney – Disney World Takes a 360° Turn
- Santa Claus Visit Kit Patent US 7,258,592
- WIN $10 TO STARBUCKS! Holiday Blog Contest
- Apple Attacked by Technology Opponents
- Top 10 US Patent Application Leaders - Dec. 6, 2010
- Noro IP Featured in Cleveland Business Connections Magazine
- ► November (3)
- ► October (5)
- ► September (1)
- ► July (2)
- ► June (1)
- ► December (7)
- ► November (1)
- Tavern on the Green Trademark Lawsuit in New York
- USPTO Rescinds Rules Regarding the Patent Regulations Package
- Crazy Inventions: Pedal Operated Mower (US Patent 4,455,816)
- Google’s Logo a Dedication to the Barcode (Patent 2,612,994)
- How to Conduct a Patent Search
- All Atwitter About Twitter (Twitter v. TechRadium)
- Celebrity Patents: Michael Jackson Anti-Gravity Lean Shoes (US Patent 5,255,452)
- ► August (3)