Why Learn How To File A Patent?
As an inventor, it is important to know how to file a patent correctly or to go through a patent firm for help. Every inventor should have a patent on file at the United States Patent and Trademark Office if they want their product or technology under patent protection.
Having a US patent granted prohibits others from making, selling, or importing their product or technology inside the United States. Learning how to file a patent is a tedious task and if an inventor is not up to it they should consider hiring professionals from a patent firm.
Learn How To File A Patent Or Hire Out?
Learning how to file a patent is not as easy as you may have believed. There are a lot of papers and forms to fill out. If you fail to fill out the forms correctly, it could mean a dismissal of your patent application, or even putting your invention at risk from others using your technology. There are many parts to a patent application and it can be easy to overlook some of it.
Keeping detailed information regarding dates, technology, and diagrams is an important part of knowing how to file a patent application. It is important to be able to prove that you are the sole inventor of the new technology or that your product is different enough from existing technology. A patent firm knows how to file a patent correctly so you and your invention are under the protection a patent offers.
How A Patent Firm Can Help
A patent firm will help you do a thorough patent search to determine if your technology is truly new and not ‘prior art’. You do not want to file a patent on existing technology because you could be infringing upon another inventor’s patent. A patent firm would also do a patent search to see if your idea is different enough from current patents or that your technology is within public domain.
If you do not know how to file a patent, it would be best for you to hire experts from a patent firm. They are experienced in patent applications, searches, and terms. A patent firm knows how to file a patent correctly the first time, saving you time and money.
Should you require assistance with filing a patent or performing a patent search contact the patent professionals at Noro IP by email PatentSpecialist@NoroIP.com or by phone 1-800-605-6993.
April 6, 2012
You will be asked to log in before the comment is saved.
About Noro IP Blog
Do you know of a unique invention, celebrity patent, or IP news that should be featured in our blog? Send an email to PatentSpecialist@NoroIP.com with your idea.
Disclaimer: No information on this blog is intended as legal advice or to substitute for legal advice and is offered for informational purposes only.
- ► August (4)
- ► July (4)
- ► June (3)
- ► May (4)
- ► April (2)
- ► March (4)
- ► October (1)
- ► September (2)
- ► July (1)
- ► June (5)
- ► May (1)
- ► April (3)
- ► March (4)
- Important Patent Search and Patent Application Terms
- Got an Ohio Patent? Win an Award!
- Sarah Palin Denied Trademark over Technicalities in Application
- What's the Difference Between a Patent Lawyer and Patent Agent?
- Win $10 to Starbucks! Add a Blog Comment Feb-March
- Noro IP Nominated for Best New Internship Category
- ► January (2)
- Win $10 to Starbucks! January Comment Contest
- Celebrity Patents: Walt Disney – Disney World Takes a 360° Turn
- Santa Claus Visit Kit Patent US 7,258,592
- WIN $10 TO STARBUCKS! Holiday Blog Contest
- Apple Attacked by Technology Opponents
- Top 10 US Patent Application Leaders - Dec. 6, 2010
- Noro IP Featured in Cleveland Business Connections Magazine
- ► November (3)
- ► October (5)
- ► September (1)
- ► July (2)
- ► June (1)
- ► December (7)
- ► November (1)
- Tavern on the Green Trademark Lawsuit in New York
- USPTO Rescinds Rules Regarding the Patent Regulations Package
- Crazy Inventions: Pedal Operated Mower (US Patent 4,455,816)
- Google’s Logo a Dedication to the Barcode (Patent 2,612,994)
- How to Conduct a Patent Search
- All Atwitter About Twitter (Twitter v. TechRadium)
- Celebrity Patents: Michael Jackson Anti-Gravity Lean Shoes (US Patent 5,255,452)
- ► August (3)