BISSELL Homecare, Inc., based in Grand Rapids, Michigan, is a 133-year-old floor care innovator and international marketer of home cleaning products including sweepers, vacuums, deep cleaning machines and cleaning formulas sold at retail locations worldwide. The company, in its fourth generation of family leadership, is the seventh oldest privately held manufacturing company in the United States, and is the largest manufacturer of floor care products in North America, by sales. Based on our continued success, Bissell’s HR Team is growing to support our near and long term expansion.
We currently are seeking to add a high energy Paralegal to our team.
* Manages the Intellectual Property and Product Liability functions of the Legal Services Group activities under the direction of the Director-Patent Counsel, including overseeing current patent and trademark portfolios, performing quasi-legal assignments related to trademark searching and registrations, and advising the company on a docket of advertising claim reviews.
*Advises the company on the legal and business issues associated with case strategy related to open product liability claims.
* This position works independently and requires minimal supervision.
* Minimum five years experience in paralegal services and/or contract management required.
*In-house law department experience.
* Familiarity with Intellectual Property activities.
*Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Outlook.
* Must be self-motivated, independent, adaptable, and responsive to deadlines.
(Paralegal certification preferred)
In return Bissell offers excellent compensation and benefits, including participation in the company bonus program. For immediate consideration, please submit your credentials on-line only at www.bissell.com/careers . BISSELL Homecare, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity in the workplace.